Register for camps and classes through one of the red links below. USJ camps and classes, excluding after school care, are open to ALL students from any school.
Registration for After School Care is open for new families.
If your child has not attended a camp at USJ, use the red New Family button. If your child has participated in a summer camp before, use the red Returning Family button.
USJ faculty will offer ACT English, Math, and Reading/Science Preps in late January and early February for the February 6 national test. Open to all students from any school. Register for our ACT Prep classes online through one of the red links above.
Questions? Contact Melissa Zerfoss at [email protected] or 731-300-3686
USJ will host a variety of performing arts private lessons this spring after school for students interested in piano, theatrical, instrumental, voice, and guitar lessons. Open to all students from any school. More specific information on these after school classes can be found below and through the red NEW FAMILY or RETURNING FAMILY LOGIN buttons at the top of this page. To view the offerings and pricing information, see below:
Information on guitar, piano, theatrical, voice, and instrumental private lessons: Click Here
Camp Bruins, our summerlong daycare program, is designed for working parents who need extended care for their children over the summer. Our mission is to provide a safe, loving, relaxing, and fun environment for our students to spend their afternoons. Your children will love our organized program full of learning experiences and fun activities, which are developmentally-appropriate for 2-year-olds through rising 6th graders. Structured weekly themes include water play, arts and crafts, jumpers and inflatables, physical activities, and music. The program is licensed and operates under Department of Education guidelines. Campers may also participate in other USJ Summer Programs while attending Camp Bruins.
Dates: June 7-July 30, 2021; Mon-Fri
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
We will not close this summer in observance of July 4, 2021, since it falls on a Sunday.
2021 Tuition has not been posted yet.
2020 Tuition (for reference only): 5 days a week all summer: $1,800; 3 days: $1,170; 2 days: $880. Lunch is included in the price.
Registration and details for Camp Bruins Summer 2021 will be available to the public through one of the red links above on March 1, 2021. You may enroll your child for two (Tues/Thurs), three (Mon/Wed/Fri), or five days each week.
By the week options are available for campers in rising Kindergarten through 6th grade. Rates are $195 for a 5-day week and $156 for a 4-day week.
The application deadline is April 15, or until filled, whichever comes first. Camp Bruins usually fills completely much sooner than the deadline so don't delay registration. We had several families that could not be accommodated last year because they missed the early enrollment periods. Camp Bruins has been full for the last several years. Make plans to enroll early.
1. Do we offer care between June 1-4, 2021 or August 2-11 2021? Unfortunately, no. In years past, we had designated daycare rooms that could immediately be utilized after school closed or just before the start of the school year. USJ's enrollment in the Lower School has grown so much that we no longer have designated daycare rooms. Camp Bruins staff needs those days at the end of the school year, and before the next year begins to swap supplies, toys, and classroom materials over between the various teachers.
2. Do we offer scholarships for camps or Camp Bruins? Unfortunately, at this time, we do not provide camp scholarships.
3. My child does not attend USJ. Can they attend any of the camps or Camp Bruins? YES! We are open to all students from any school.
4. Is there a deadline to register? Yes, April 15, 2021, is the regular registration deadline, or until full, whichever comes first. We offer open enrollment to our families first, then our returning non-USJ families, then to all students from any school. However, if you plan to enroll, please do so starting on March 1 (or February 15 for current families). We had several families that could not be accommodated last year because they missed the early enrollment periods. Camp Bruins has been full for the last several years. Make plans to enroll early.
5. Do you accept drop-ins? No, unfortunately due to regulatory requirements we cannot accept drop-ins in the summer. If your child is already enrolled in the full summer program for 2, 3, or 4 days a week, you can add on additional dates if needed by emailing Faith Dixon after registration.
Other Questions? Contact Director of Camp Bruins and After School Care Faith Dixon: [email protected].
Next summer's camps and classes will be available for registration on our website on March 1, 2021. Specific camp information will be posted here in late February 2021. Our programs are open to all students from any school.
Questions? Contact Director of Summer Programs Melissa Zerfoss: [email protected].
After School Enrichments for K-5th will not be offered this year.
Questions? Contact Director Faith Dixon: [email protected].
The After School Care program is designed for working parents who need extended care for their children. Our mission is to provide a safe, loving, relaxing, and fun environment for our students to spend their afternoons. The program is licensed and operates under Department of Education guidelines. To enroll, click on one of the sign up links above. Questions? Contact Director Faith Dixon: [email protected].
The After School Study Hall program is designed for working parents who need extended care for their children. Study Hall hours are 3:15 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday when school is in session. To enroll, click on one of the sign up links above. Questions? Contact Director Faith Dixon: [email protected].