Register for our After School, All-Day Daycare days, as well as our extra camps and classes through one of the red links below. USJ camps and classes, excluding after school care, are open to ALL students from any school.
If your child has not attended a camp at USJ, use the red New Family button. If your child has participated in a summer camp previously or you have logged in before, use the red Returning Family button.
All camps will follow their school-approved COVID safety plans, including the use of masks when appropriate. Camps will be held outside as much as possible. Please send your child in comfortable clothing and athletic shoes with a clean mask and labeled water bottle each day. Please apply sunscreen prior to camp. We reserve the right to cancel any camp due to health concerns. In that situation, refunds will be issued.
USJ's After School Care program is designed for working parents who need extended care for their children. Our mission is to provide a safe, loving, relaxing, and fun environment for our students to spend their afternoons. The program is licensed and operates under Department of Education guidelines.
August 12 is the first day of After School Care. All-Day Daycare for Jr. Cubs through K is available August 12 and 13 for $35 per day. Register through the links above. Our After School Program is only open to USJ families. You may choose either 5-days, 3-days (M/W/F only), or 2-days (T/TH only) a week. You may also add additional days as needed when reserved in advance for $15 a day. Tuition for the year is $50 per child registration fee/$100 max per family. Rates are $1,376 for 5-days a week, $1,111 for 3-days a week (M/W/F only), and $994 for 2-days a week (T/TH only). One-pay, two-pay (August 12 and January 10), or 10-pay payment plans are available at checkout. You must have a valid credit or debit card on file to take advantage of the two-pay or ten-pay plans. All-Day Daycare will be available for Parent-Teacher Conference Day, Fall Break, December 16 (half day), December 17, and December 27-30, 2021, and Spring Break 2022. After School Care will be open August 12, 2021 through May 26, 2022.
To enroll, click on one of the sign up links above. Questions? Contact Director of Auxiliary Programs Melissa Zerfoss at [email protected].
The After School Study Hall program is designed for working parents who need extended care for their children. Study Hall hours are 3:15 to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday when school is in session. ASSH will be open from August 12, 2021 through December 10, 2021 for the fall semester, and will be open January 4, through May 20, 2022 for the spring semester. If the school is closed for any reason, ASSH will not be available, including on school breaks and parent-teacher conference dates. To enroll, click on one of the sign up links above. Questions? Contact Director of Auxiliary Programs Melissa Zerfoss at [email protected].
After School Enrichments for K-5th will become available for enrollment in August 2021 and classes will begin in September. Options include Art, Gymnastics, TOT Basketball, and Tennis. Questions? Contact Director of Auxiliary Programs Melissa Zerfoss at [email protected].
USJ faculty will offer ACT English, Math, and Reading/Science Preps this year just prior the national test dates. Open to all students from any school. Register for our ACT Prep classes online through one of the red links above.
Questions? Contact Melissa Zerfoss at [email protected] or 731-300-3686
USJ will host a variety of performing arts private lessons this fall after school for students interested in piano, theatrical, instrumental, voice, and guitar lessons. Open to all students from any school. More specific information on these after school classes will become available in late August 2021 and can be found through the red NEW FAMILY or RETURNING FAMILY LOGIN buttons at the top of this page.
Camp Bruins, our summerlong daycare program, is designed for working parents who need extended care for their children over the summer. Our mission is to provide a safe, loving, relaxing, and fun environment for our students to spend their afternoons. Your children will love our organized program full of learning experiences and fun activities, which are developmentally-appropriate for 2-year-olds through rising 6th graders. Structured weekly themes include water play, arts and crafts, jumpers and inflatables, physical activities, and music. The program is licensed and operates under Department of Education guidelines. Campers may also participate in other USJ Summer Programs while attending Camp Bruins.
Dates: June 6-July 29, 2022; Mon-Fri
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
We are closed on Monday, July 4 and Tuesday, July 5, 2022, in observance of the July 4 holiday.
2021 Tuition: 5 days a week all summer: $1,600; 3 days (M/W/F only): $960; 2 days (T/TH only): $640. Lunch is included in the price. There is also a $50 registration fee and $20 T-shirt fee per child. THESE ARE 2021 prices and are only here for reference.
Registration and details for Camp Bruins Summer 2022 will be available to the public through one of the red links above on March 1, 2022. You may enroll your child for two (Tues/Thurs), three (Mon/Wed/Fri), or five days each week.
By-the-week options are available for campers in rising Kindergarten through 6th grade. Rates are $220 for a 5-day week.
The application deadline is April 15, or until filled, whichever comes first. Camp Bruins usually fills completely much sooner than the deadline so don't delay registration. We had several families that could not be accommodated over the past several years because they missed the early enrollment periods. Please mark your calendar, set a reminder on your phone, and make plans to enroll early.
1. Do we offer care between May 31 and June 1-3, 2022 or August 1-10, 2022? Unfortunately, no. In years past, we had designated daycare rooms that could immediately be utilized after school closed or just before the start of the school year. USJ's enrollment in the Lower School has grown so much that we no longer have designated daycare rooms. Camp Bruins staff needs those days at the end of the school year, and before the next year begins to swap supplies, toys, and classroom materials over between the various teachers.
2. Do we offer scholarships for camps or Camp Bruins? Unfortunately, at this time, we do not provide camp scholarships.
3. My child does not attend USJ. Can they attend any of the camps or Camp Bruins? YES! We are open to all students from any school.
4. Is there a deadline to register? Yes, April 15, 2022, is the regular registration deadline, or until full, whichever comes first. We offer open enrollment to our families first, then our returning non-USJ families, then to all students from any school. However, if you plan to enroll, please do so starting on March 1 (or February 15 for current families). We had several families that could not be accommodated last year because they missed the early enrollment periods. Camp Bruins has been full for the last several years. Make plans to enroll early.
5. Do you accept drop-ins? No, unfortunately due to regulatory requirements we cannot accept drop-ins in the summer. If your child is already enrolled in the full summer program for 2 (T/TH) or 3 (M/W/F) days a week, you can add on additional dates if needed by emailing Melissa Zerfoss or Laquita Robinson ([email protected]) after registration.
Other Questions? Contact Director of Auxiliary and Summer Programs Melissa Zerfoss at [email protected].
USJ Announces New Director of Auxiliary Programs and a New After School Care and Camp Bruins Coordinator After School Care and Camp Bruins Director Faith Dixon and Assistant Development Director Cathy Garrett recently announced that they would leave USJ at the end of the school year. Both of these administrators...Read More