Start Your Journey With Us
We are so glad you are interested in the University School of Jackson! Choosing a school for your family is such an important decision, whether your child is entering our infant and toddler program, getting ready for middle school, or preparing for high school. We invite you to visit and see why USJ could be the perfect fit for your family.
Please call or email for more information to schedule a personal tour of our campus. We can’t wait to meet you!
Laura Moore, Director of Admissions
Learn more about our application process for each division, schedule a visit, or fill out our online inquiry form to receive more information about USJ. We look forward to getting to know you!
Start With a Visit
During the admissions process, we like to get to know each family. A campus visit is also helpful so that you can see what makes our school so special. If you have not already visited our campus, call or email to make an appointment for a school tour.
The application form should be completed and submitted with a $100 application fee. This form can be submitted online.
After applications are submitted, USJ requires applicants to have an evaluation and interview with the Director of Admissions and/or Division Director. You will be contacted to set up this time.
- Infant-2 year olds need only to submit an application
- 2 year old-Kindergarten are required to have an informal classroom visit and evaluation with the teacher and a member of the administrative team.
- Formal admissions testing will be given from 1st – 12th grades. The Director of Admissions will schedule an appointment for the student to test in scholastic aptitude, achievement, and writing. These families will also have a personal interview with their Division Director.
Requested Information for Admissions
- Confidential Recommendation Forms completed by the school administrator, current math or English teachers, or guidance counselor.
- Tennessee Immunization Form
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Current School Transcript and Grades
- Standardized Test Scores
- Additional Student Records
University School of Jackson provides over $500,000 worth of need-based financial aid each year.
If you are interested in applying for financial aid and have not requested information, please contact our Business Office at (731) 664-0812 or Admissions Office at (731) 660-1692.
Notification of Acceptance
The University School Admissions Committee will review the student's file information and we will notify you of the status of your application as soon as possible.
If you need our assistance in completing this admissions procedure, we will be delighted to help.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
University School of Jackson admits students of any race, color, and national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.