Campbell Library: Upper and Middle School
The Mary Frances Campbell Library is a vital and exciting part of the school community. The recently renovated library now offers inspiring spaces for our students by providing small group areas, a quiet study room, individual work areas, and also two write-on walls for collaborative study. Our new Bruin Café offers snacks and drinks for students before school and during break time.
The philosophy behind the development of the library collection supports the students and faculty in all aspects of their academic work. The library collection and the services offered by the library staff support the work done in the classroom, enhance the concepts being taught, and expand the academic possibilities through the use of printed materials and online resources. Our goal is to also serve as USJ's public library; as we serve an on-campus community of students and faculty. We support recreational use of the library for activities such as reading and access to the Internet. The Campbell Library is a vital and exciting part of the school community.
Search the Library Catalog
See what's available on the shelves in the Upper / Middle School Library!
Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Cindy Bell • [email protected]
731-664-0812, ext. 133
- Students in upper or middle school can have a maximum of five books out at any time.
- Faculty and staff have no limit to the number of items checked out at any time.
- Students may borrow materials for 14 days, subject to the school's schedule.
- Faculty and staff loans are for the term.
- Borrowers are responsible for timely return of library items. Overdue notices are sent to your teacher to be given to you.
- Borrowers are responsible for replacing or paying to replace any lost items.
General Library Policies
- Students in study hall are welcome to work on assignments or study for a class in the library, however they must present a pass.
- Seniors are allowed to use the library during free period or study hall without a pass.
- Students are welcome to work or study in the library before school, after school, or during break without needing a pass.
- Group study, collaboration, and peer tutoring is encouraged in the library, provided students are considerate of those around them and maintain a studious atmosphere.
- Use of cellular phones anywhere in the library is prohibited.
- Earbuds must be worn for any audio being played while studying.
- All dress code rules apply.
- Students may use the copiers and printers in the library for school-related work.